The lovely Deb of Sixtine and the little things tagged me to participate in a fun meme yesterday and I am finally getting around to posting my answers to the questions she posed.
So….how do I find the time to….
Do the laundry – I grab a load every morning and shove it in the washer with very little sorting happening. It gets done although it is not technically the “best” way to do it. This kid dirties so many outfits and changing table covers so it feels as though the laundry is never-ending in this house!
Write a blog post – There are far fewer blog posts in my life now that I am a mom. My goal was to write one per day but reality is that is not going to be happening right now. I have tried to set a more realistic goal of three posts per week until a schedule starts to present itself. Right now, the boy is still at a point that we are taking things day by day. Some days he naps a lot others not as much and I often try to type a post with one hand while he naps or feeds in my other arm. That is some slow blog post writing though!
Be the parent you want to be – I have told myself that I am going to give the baby whatever attention he needs. There will be this one chance to be a mom and I am going to make the most of it. My primary focus is the boy and his needs. This means that I have put my needs, dreams and desire for sleep on the back burner for the time being and that is ok. It will all be worth it in the long run.
Find time for yourself – This is the hardest of all. We moms seem to put ourselves last and I am no exception to that. I am lucky to get a shower, wash my hair and maybe even dry it. This is about the most I can ask right now. If I can work time in there at some point for a pedicure that will be fantastic. Maybe at some point I will get to take a long soak in the tub with a book, which was one of my pre-baby indulgences.
My questions from Sixtine and the little things specifically:
- Find time to read: I love reading so, so, so much. In order to get any reading time in now that the little one is here and I spend so much time nursing I have to try to read on the Kindle app on my phone or with my actual Kindle. Since it is hard to have my Kindle with me all of the time I find that I am not reading. Most of my reading these days consists of online articles about parenting and babies. Hopefully as he gets a little older I will have some time to read. Of course there will be reading books with him but that just isn’t quite the same is it?
- Find time to dance: I dance while I hold the baby. This is pretty much the only time I have to dance now. So, I will sing a song (totally off tune) and dance around. It makes him laugh and I love to dance with a laughing baby. That and sometimes I car dance at red lights which I am sure my fellow drivers enjoy or find repulsive!
- Achieve your goals and dreams: One goal was to be a mom so that is a work in progress every single day. Other goals of mine are to craft more and possibly turn that into a business that can sustain my need for creativity and making a little bit of an income. Other dreams are to continue training in the field of yoga, which is going to require that Max is a little older so I can be away from him to attend trainings. These things will come in time but the immediate gratification side of my personality wants them right.this.second. I am working on accepting things just don’t work that way for me anymore now that I am a mother.
I have kept the original questions (the first section above) from the original mem. I have also opted to keep the questions posed by Deb rather than come up with my own otherwise I would never get this completed! So, I am kind of breaking the rules a little bit (shhh don’t tell).
So for the people that I have just tagged here are the (new) rules:
- Please post the rules;
- When answering the questions, give as much information as possible;
- Leave a comment on Sex, drugs, rocker…and stroller,baby. This is so we can keep track of the Meme and take a polite nose into everyone else’s lives;
- Tag 3 or more people and link to them on your blog. Add new questions, delete old questions and play about with the rules.